EarlsHelpDesk.com offers inexpensive computer maintenance for home users. Maintenance includes:
- General system and security settings check
- Update antivirus and malware removal programs *
- Update several common software programs (when applicable) including Adobe Reader, iTunes, Java, OpenOffice.org, and VideoLAN VLC media player
- Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office security updates, driver updates, and help desk recommended optional updates **
- Disk cleanup
- Registry backup
* up to three programs that are already installed and working
** up to two hours of download and installation time for updating software, including Microsoft Windows.
Please note that disk defragmentation is no longer included as part of our maintenance service. Most Windows-based computers now automatically schedule and perform defragmentation. On some computers, frequent defragmentation is no longer recommended due to the use of very large and/or Solid State storage devices.