EarlsHelpDesk.com offers inexpensive computer maintenance for home users. Maintenance includes:
- General system and security settings check
- Update antivirus and malware removal programs *
- Update of several common software programs (when applicable) including Adobe Air, Flash Player, Shockwave Player, and Reader, Apple Quicktime and iTunes, Oracle Java, OpenOffice.org, and VideoLAN VLC media player
- Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office security updates, driver updates, and help desk recommended optional updates **
- Disk cleanup
- Registry backup
* up to three programs that are already installed and working
** up to two hours of download and installation time for security updates, driver updates, and help desk recommended optional updates. Beyond two hours, you will be charged an additional $10 per hour for the installation of remaining updates. These updates are important.
Please note that disk defragmentation is no longer included as part of our maintenance service. Many recent computers automatically schedule and perform defragmentation. On some computers, frequent defragmentation is no longer recommended due to the use of very large and/or Solid State storage devices.